Kangaroo Industry Research
The kangaroo industry funds R&D via a levy on all kangaroos commercially processed. This levy is administered by the Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation (RIRDC).
The RIRDC maintains a kangaroo industry reference panel of industry and government representatives, this allocates R&D spending to commissioned projects. Individuals or organisations with suggested projects can submit them for consideration by the Panel.
Recently funded projects include:
- Improving the welfare and humaneness of commercially harvested kangaroos
- Kangaroo meat export market access analysis
- Kangaroo Wildgame Industry Training Initiative
- Consumer Attitudes To Kangaroo Meat
- Foodservice Attitudes Towards Kangaroo Meat
- Comparative Carbon Footprint For Kangaroo Products
- Advanced Meat Hygiene Training For Kangaroo Harvesters
- Enhancing The Unique Properties Of Kangaroo Leather
- Building Confidence In Kangaroo Meat For Pet Nutrition
- Kangaroo Meat Awareness Marketing Research For Foodservice And Consumer