- Strongest and lightest leather
- High abrasion resistance
- Soft touch and handle
- Inherent water resistance
- Superior tensile strength
- Kangaroo leather is weight for weight the strongest leather available.
- Its structure consists of highly organised main fibre bundles, which have a secondary supporting mesh.
- Combined with low angle of weave, low fat content, and a very thin grain layer – kangaroo leather provides superior strength against leathers from other raw material types at similar thicknesses.
How leather is made
All KIAA kangaroo leather is a by-product of the meat industry. Turning this by-product into leather using sustainable practices is the most responsible approach in a circular economy.
The sustainability of leather
Making better choices
Recent consumer research has uncovered alarming levels of misinformation around the composition of leather alternatives which includes synthetic materials that can cause considerable harm to the environment.